MeritShare is headquartered in Seattle and we are fortunate to be a part of the local start-up and tech scene. We both attend, present, and even help sponsor events like the upcoming one from @JetCityMobile, a community of mobile business professionals in the Seattle area.
On March 20th, @iseff from MobileDevHQ, @PeterHamilton, from HasOffers, @TroyJMorris, from Placed, @KNakao, from MeritShare, and @RedRussak, from Apptentive will be hosting the 3rd @JetCityMobile event with Glympse’s CEO and founder Bryan Trussel.
Bryan will discuss how he has expanded his business by partnering with top tier companies like Mercedes, Garmin, and Ford to integrate Glympse functionality into their products and services. Glympse® is the pioneer of person-to-person location sharing in real-time, for a set amount of time. The Glympse app has been included in many Top 10 and must-have app lists in both mainstream and technology press, including TechCrunch, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Mashable, The New York Times, and CNET.
Here are some of the questions we have asked Bryan to address:
- When did you decide to scale your mobile business outside of the mobile device?
- What are some product constraints and friction you found while trying to scale outside of the mobile device?
- What portion of your business is currently mobile device focused vs. focused on non-device mobile business? How has that changed over time and how do you see it changing in the future?
- What are some keys that could be applied to most other mobile businesses to grow beyond the device?
- How did you get the partnerships? How much effort should app developers put into this biz dev
- How long do the deals take and what kind of results are you getting
Please join us as Bryan shares knowledge on what it takes to grow an app into a booming business that lives beyond the device.
You can sign up here.